Help support BIAC's programs and services by participating in our GoFundMe Campaign https://www.gofundme.com/biact
Each year, March is recognized nationally as Brain Injury Awareness Month. According to the Centers for Disease and Prevention (CDC), an estimated 2.5 million people sustain a traumatic brain injury (TBI) each year. Of those individuals, 52,000 die, 275,000 are hospitalized, and 1.4 million are treated and released form an emergency department. Individuals who have sustained a brain injury are often times misdiagnosed, misunderstood, and under-funded.
The Brain Injury Alliance of Connecticut (BIAC) invites you to lend your voice to this national campaign and unite with us and the millions of citizens living with brain injury and their families who are taking action to ensure their voices are heard. During Brain Injury Awareness Month, BIAC joins this national movement to increase awareness about brain injury and educate the public about a variety of safe behaviors that they can take to reduce their risk of injury, and we invite you to join us! The more voices that rally around this important the message, the louder our message will be. Please consider getting involved in one or more of the following:
• Support our Programs— Your donations to BIAC's GoFundMe campaign helps us continue to be a free resource in concussion and other brain injury prevention and recovery. BIAC provides brain injury prevention and management education programs to schools and organizations. We provide all of our services free of charge.
Share Your Story
• Help us spread the word—Everyone is at risk for brain injury! ‘Like’ BIAC on Facebook and throughout the month of March, BIAC will be sharing important information and surprising facts and figures about brain injury. Sharing these posts with your friends and family will help increase awareness.
• Educate your friends and colleagues—Display our Brain Injury Awareness poster to increase awareness about brain injury and share some important facts. For copies of the poster or to incorporate your organization’s logo or community event information, please call us at 860-219-0291.
• Host a Community Event or Fundraiser—Individuals and businesses from across the state host diverse events with a common goal—to increase brain injury awareness. Events like Blue Jeans for BIAC, Pajama Day and progressive dinners are just a few examples to inspire you. The type of event you host is only limited to your imagination!
• Contact your local media—Write a letter to the editor informing them about Brain Injury Awareness Month. Share your personal connection with the cause and encourage them to help you spread the word.
Hoffman Auto Group is a proud supporter of Brain Injury Awareness Month - Click here for more info